Holiday time is always a good time to think of others and our Peppermint Holiday Fudge Recipe is just the right fit. Times have been hard and sometimes the money just isn’t there to do something for everyone and that is when I take to the kitchen. I seem to always have ingredients on hand for something sweet or savory. And so today, I want to share this favorite holiday fudge recipe. It’s a bright holiday color that is just maybe what someone needs to get this time away from their family and friends. It will package easily and because is it so sweet and good, a little will go a long way.
Peppermint Holiday Fudge Recipe
Layered Peppermint Candy Frosting Fudge Recipe
- • 1-12-ounce package of white chocolate chips
- • 1 container of vanilla frosting
- • 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- • 1/2 cup of peppermint candy
- • Red food coloring
- • 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper
- • Cooking spray
- Step 1 Step 1: Add chips to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave in 20-25 second bursts until chocolate is melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Step 2 Step 2: Add the frosting to the melted chocolate. Stir until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Step 3 Step 3: Mix in the peppermint extract.
- Step 4 Step 4: Separate the mixture evenly into two bowls. Mix in red food coloring to one bowl. Because the mixture has a white base, the color will be more pink than red.
- Step 5 Step 5: Using a rolling pin or food processor, crush the peppermint candies.
- Step 6 Step 6: Add 1/4 cup of the crushed peppermint candy to each bowl.
- Step 7 Step 7: Spray pan with cooking spray and cover bottom and sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- Step 8 Steps 8-9: Add first color to pan and spread evenly. Add next color and spread evenly over the first color. Add candy to the top and press down gently.
- Step 9 Step 10: Cover baking pan with foil and place in refrigerator until fudge is firm.
- Step 10 Step 11: Place fudge on cutting board and cut into 1-2” pieces and enjoy!