Hearty soup recipes for winter are always fun and easy. We thought we would share a few with you now and I am sure we will have more to share as we build our list of hearty soup recipes for winter. Some of our recipes are old stand bys and some are “throw together what we have” type soup or stew. Soups and stews are a great way to be ready for drop-in guests or that last-minute invites of family and friends. Right now we are busy doing repairs on the inside of our home and I never know when a couple of men will stop by to help my hubby so a nice large pot of soup is just right for feeding the extra ones and warming them up from being out in the cold.
We hope you will try some of our hearty soup recipes for winter and remember to come back to let us know how like them if you “tweak” them some to make them your own. Also, let us know if you add sides to your soup bowl. We tend to go with cornbread, crackers or some will call for tortilla chips or corn chips.
Let’s Get Started With Hearty Soup Recipes for Winter
Meaty Ham Bone and Vegetable Soup
Cook 6 Hours on Low in Slow Cooker or 4 Hours on High
- Meaty Ham bone or good amount of ham
- 2 - 32 ounce cartons of chicken broth
- 1 package of frozen corn
- 1 package of frozen peas
- 1 package of frozen carrot slices
- 4-5 potatoes - peeled & cubed
- Seasonings as you would like. I used:
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- celery flakes
- Nutriental Yeast flakes
- Step 1 Combine everything in slow cooker and set time/temp according to what you need.
Cooking Time is Depending on Heat Setting
- 2-3 pounds Ground Chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2-3 cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans Pinto Beans
- 2 cans white shoepeg corn
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning
- 1 envelope of Ranch Dressing mix
- Step 1 Brown and drain the first 4 ingredients.
- Step 2 Add in the remaining ingredients
- Step 3 Cook in slow cooker for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Step 4 Serve with shredded cheddar and sour cream. Place soup on top of tortilla chips or corn bread.
Slow Cooker Black Bean Chicken
Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours
- 16 ounce jar salsa
- 2 large chicken breasts - boneless or skinless if what I use
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can Rotel
- Step 1 Place in cooker in this order balck beans, corn and half the salsa
- Step 2 Put chicken in next (frozen is fine)
- Step 3 Top with pinto beans, Rotel, and the rest of the salsa
- Step 4 Cook on low all day or on High 3-4 hours.
- Step 5 Serve with chips, shredded cheese sour cream
If you would like to add a treat for the end of the meal, here are some to pick from: