Apples are always a good choice for any type of dish or dessert when guests are over or just for your family. Our Healthy Baked Apples will fit into any menu plan or even as a quick dessert. It goes great by itself or maybe bake something to place these baked apples on top of. My husband likes to eat these Healthy Baked Apples on top of biscuits. So many ways to serve them hot and ready to go pretty quickly.
Going With Fresh PIcked or Store Bought, Either Way, Healthy Baked Apples are Great!
With the holidays coming, the party invites start coming and if you are like me, you like to try to bring something different yet delicious to the gathering. We think our recipe of baked apples will be the hit of any gathering or party, no matter what time of day or evening. If you try our baked apple recipe, please come back by and let us know how you liked them.
Healthy Baked Apples
- 5 medium Apples
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoon Tapioca Flour (alternatively, Corn Starch or Arrowroot Starch)
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Vegan Butter (optional)
- Dairy-free ice-cream or Coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Step 2 Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples.
- Step 3 Grease a pie dish or baking dish (approx 8 x 8 inch)
- Step 4 Add the sliced apples.
- Step 5 In a separate bowl add maple syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon, and tapioca flour. Mix the ingredients until well incorporated.
- Step 6 Take the mixed ingredients and pour over the sliced apples, stirring and mixing to make sure the apples are coated. Mix them until all apples are covered.
- Step 7 Bake the apples for about 25 to 30 mins, until the apples are soft and tender and caramelized.
- Step 8 Serve warm with dairy-free ice-cream or coconut whipped cream.