Rotini pasta salad is always a “go-to” side dish for us during the summer months and no matter what the main dish will be at the meal, a pasta salad will be a great addition. There are some days that our pasta salad will be the main dish with us adding some meat to it. Chicken breast, either cubed or shredded, would be a tasty choice, or maybe adding mini pepperoni to it would be nice.
Tips For Making Rotini Pasta Salad Quick & Easy
If your summer schedule keeps you uncertain about mealtime or how many you are feeding, we suggest cooking your chicken ahead of time and either keep in the refrigerator or freezer until needed. Another tip would be to make your pasta in the morning and then placing in the fridge until time to mix the rotini pasta salad together. But of course, this pasta salad keeps well in the fridge for hours/days so make it ahead of time on your own schedule.
Rotini Pasta Salad
- ● 16 oz Garden Rotini or Tri Color Rotini Pasta
- ● 8 oz block cheddar cheese
- ● 6 oz can black olives, drained
- ● 10 oz cherub or cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- For dressing:
- ● 8 oz Italian dressing and marinade
- ● 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Step 1 Directions:
- Step 2 1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Step 3 2. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Step 4 3. Drain water from pasta, and rinse pasta under cold water.
- Step 5 4. Add pasta to a large bowl, and add dressing and seasoning. Stir well.
- Step 6 5. Cut the cheese into ¼ inch chunks
- Step 7 6. Add cheese, olives, and tomatoes to the bowl of pasta. Toss.
- Step 8 7. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.