Anytime is a great time for a chocolate chip pecan cookie! These are simple easy-to-find ingredients and the recipe comes together so quickly. You just can’t go wrong with these chocolate chip pecan cookies or make the recipe as a bar pan cookie also. Chocolate chip cookies have been a long-standing staple here in our home and when it is holiday time, we like the pecans added to our recipe so that is how we got to this amazing Chocolate Chip pecan cookie recipe
CHOCOLATE CHIP Pecan Cookie
- 1 cup Cold Butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ½ cups Cake Flour (may substitute all-purpose flour)
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Pecans (chopped)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Step 2 In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Step 3 Add eggs and vanilla and mix for 1 minute longer.
- Step 4 Fold in cake flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Step 5 Fold in milk chocolate chips and pecans.
- Step 6 Place 5-ounce balls on light colored baking sheets (I line mine with parchment paper sheets).
- Step 7 Bake for 9-12 minutes or until light golden brown on the outside.
- Step 8 Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 10 minutes to allow the cookies to set up.