Ravioli has always been a favorite here at our house but as the children grew up I knew it was time to “update” the dish so we didn’t all look like little kids who only wanted ravioli out of a can. You know what I mean. You want to as if you acquired an adult taste for food. LOL… Maybe not, but as far I am concerned, ravioli is a great dish no matter how you make it or serve it. So here is a new twist to an old favorite and I know your family will enjoy it. It uses simple, easy to find ingredients and the dish comes together so quick & easy. And nowadays, quick & easy seems to be the way for most families. And as always, this will make a great meal for a large crowd or gathering.
This is a simple tasty recipe that your family will love.
- 1 (18 to 25 ounce) package cheese ravioli
- 1 ½ pound ground chuck, browned and drained
- 3 cups homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Step 1 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 2. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain well.
- Step 3 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine the cooked ground beef and marinara sauce. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Step 4 4. Ladle about 1 cup sauce into the bottom of the baking dish to create an even layer.
- Step 5 5. Add a layer of ravioli, sauce, and mozzarella, topping with sauce and reserving a small amount of mozzarella.
- Step 6 6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and return to oven. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through and the cheese has melted.